Gold Class has 12 pupils, all with different and complex learning needs. Our class Teacher is Lesley Ollier and the Teaching Assistants are Paulette, Michelle, Suman (Mon-Wed) and Nicki (Thu-Fri).
All our staff are here to help students to learn the routines of a busy learning environment as well as ensure they all make the very best progress they can.
To help with our routine and behavior we have a set of classroom rules.
Our classroom rules are:
- Good Looking
- Good Listening
- Good Sitting
- Good Signing
- Good Talking
How we learn and communicate
When we come into the classroom in the mornings we do handwriting exercises and other activities whilst listening to different types of music. Every week we listen to news articles from around ‘Our World’ and work together to answer questions on the information. We have homework each week which includes reading, phonics and mathematics work. Every day we use signing to say ‘Good Morning’ and ‘Good Afternoon’. We are learning to finger spell using British sign language.
Every child has an Individual Education Plans (IEPs) which is used daily and displayed in the classroom in language and symbols that the children understand. We all try hard to meet our IEP targets!
- In English we will explore Myths and Legends.
- In Maths continuing our work on shape, measures and calculations
- In Geography we will be studying France and creating a fact file to link with our French days.
- In Science we will be learning about electricity. We will identify sources of electricity and will learn how to operate battery and switch toys, we will build a simple circuit to light up a light bulb.
- In PSHE we will be learning how to behave by recognising our emotions and exploring how to express them in appropriate ways.
- Art, DT and ICT will all be linked to the main topic Material world.
- In PE we have been fortunate to secure some funding for the children to have four lessons of hockey in school and two on the ice at the Skydome. The lessons are being taught by two of the Coventry Blaze ice hockey players.
- In RE we will be planning a range of calibrations Diwali, Remembrance day and Christmas.