About us and Policies
Who we are and what we do
RNIB Three Spires Academy is a special school (SEN) in Coventry for pupils aged 4-11 with significant learning disabilities. Over half of our children have autistic spectrum disorders (ASD) and others have additional needs, including sensory impairment and communication difficulties.
All of our pupils have a Statement of special educational needs or an Education Health and Care Plan.
Our school vision is to provide exceptional education and developmental outcomes to meet every pupils’ needs so that they can be the best that they can be in a school where every individual is valued.
We want to achieve this so that every individual can become an active, happy and fulfilled citizen in the world.
To achieve our vision:
- Teaching and learning will be creative, relevant and enjoyable ensuring that everyone learns and develops.
- The curriculum will be flexible, imaginative and relevant ensuring equality of opportunity for all children, to ensure they gain key skills in an enjoyable and motivating way.
- We will provide quality care that is appropriate and consistent, in a safe and secure environment, for all individuals.
- Assessment will recognise attainment and achievement, whilst providing opportunities for teaching teams, parents and children to plan the next steps in learning.
- A partnership based on our shared vision will be sought with parents, carers, governors and the community through effective communication, team work and by valuing all contributions.
- Three Spires will ensure that ‘Every Child Matters’ by providing a safe, positive, caring and nurturing environment, where the individual is celebrated.
At Three Spires:
- We all try to achieve our best.
- We all are confident learners.
- We all care for each other.
- We all have fun and are happy.
- We all trust and respect each other.
Our intervention and school offer
- Read our Intervention approach and school offer document (word 3,392KB)
Read our latest Ofsted report
Our academy is graded ‘Good’ by Ofsted:
- Read the 2018 Final Inspection Letter (PDF)
- Read the report highlights and response from our Chair
- Go to the Ofsted website for the full PDF version or download our accessible Word version RNIB Three Spires Academy Ofsted report (Word, 28KB).
Where we are
We are based in Coundon, Coventry. We benefit from huge grounds and have easy access to Coundon Wedge, a beautiful area of green belt countryside.
Our address is:
RNIB Three Spires Academy
To book a visit or for details on how to find us, get in touch.